Hospital is actively seeking an Outpatient Nursing Services Manager (OPNS) to join our team!
MUST HAVE ONCOLOGY EXPERIENCE.
This will be a working manager position, primarily responsible for managing the OPNS staff (2-3 employees) along with overall management of the program. Programmatic duties include quality control, compliance, financials, outreach marketing, and clinical oversight. This position also provides administrative on-call support for all departments of the hospital as a member of nursing leadership within Clinic. The right candidate is passionate about patient care and is equally comfortable completing administrative duties.
- MUST HAVE 2 YEARS ONCOLOGY EXPERIENCE
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for the department.
- Understand state and federal regulations and requirements related to outpatient infusion and nursing treatments.
- Promote treatment in the outpatient setting while continuing to build relationships with internal and external providers and build referrals for the department.
- Development of programs for outpatient nursing services, including Oncology, Infusion and Would Care.
- Remain current in best practices of Oncology, Infusion and Wound Care nursing and ensure training of staff.
- Understand prior authorization, coding and billing procedures for the department.
- Develop and participate in education of patients and families regarding plan of care and post-discharge programs.
- Coordinate orientation and on-boarding for new hires within the department. Support ongoing education within the department.
- Maintain financial oversight of the OPNS department, including monthly departmental financials and annual budgetary planning (operational and capital).
- Flexibility and a willingness to accept other responsibilities as assigned.
- 2 years of experience in Oncology Nursing REQUIRED
- ONS certification required
- Bachelor of Science RN degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Licensure to practice as an RN in the State of Utah
- Current BLS and ACLS certifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and three years (minimum) recent RN experience.
- Ability to build, maintain, and lead a cohesive work unit in a positive and effective manner, required. High level of emotional maturity.
- Prior experience and high level of comfort with electronic health records.
- Prior supervisory experience and/or leadership roles (in medical setting, community, etc).
- Able to receive and manage sensitive information professionally and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Able to handle stressful situations calmly; emotionally mature.
- Flexible and able to accept other duties as assigned.
- Certified Wound Care Nurse preferred
- Infusion certification preferred
Temporary housing options are available in beautiful Moab, UT - the outdoor adventure capital of the U.S. Enjoy two national parks, unlimited hiking, mountain biking, climbing, and much more in Moab, UT.