What you have:
- Current Colorado RN license (or compact with ability to obtain within 6 months). Bachelor's degree required.
- Two or more years of experience as a professional nurse in which potential administrative and supervisory competence has been demonstrated
- Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support and Pediatric Life Support certifications required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer experience, with proficiencies in Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and the general public, as well as analyze data and information and develop actions plans as needed.
- Display understanding of regulatory requirements to ensure department meets Conditions of Participation and/or regulatory requirements necessary to maintain patient safety.
- Understands patient satisfaction goals and develops plans to improve upon or sustain.
What you'll do:
- Be responsible for assisting, planning, implementing, and evaluating the delivery of care according to accepted nursing and hospital standards of care.
- Assume 24-hour responsibility for the department through delegation to staff members and availability by phone or pager when on call for the organization.
- Develop policies and procedures, recommending appropriate plans of action to provide a safe, clean and secure environment for staff, patients and the public. Develop patient satisfaction initiatives to improve and sustain scores.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to ethical and legal issues of nursing practice by cooperating with the medical staff and other hospital departments, serving as clinical resource person and assists in assessing patient/family status to plan nursing care.
- Plan, develop, and implement the budgetary process.
- Organize and/or attend necessary staff, manager, medical, ethical and hospital meetings. Organize staff meetings on a routine basis, keeping staff informed on hospital and unit goals. Remains current in all activities related to Performance Improvement and Patient Safety Initiatives and relays information as appropriate.
- Assists the medical staff/hospital committees and departments in the development of the Performance Improvement and Patient Safety Plan and coordinates efforts to meet the plan requirements. Assists in development of scope of care and objective indicators for review.
We Take Care of Our People
As the largest employer in the clinic , we commit to providing our employees with quality and affordable benefits to complement a fulfilling work experience and help balance life experiences and needs. To show our appreciation of your hard work, we offer a competitive and comprehensive total benefits package, including:
- Full medical, dental and vision plans to suit the needs of you and your family, with low-cost copays and deductibles, all without high out-of-pocket expenses.
- No out-of-pocket cost for AirMedCare Network Membership for those enrolled in a clinic medical plan.
- Enjoy 21 days of Paid Time Off in your first year and a generous Sick Leave program, with accruals starting on your first day!
- Start saving with Retirement plans available from day one, providing up to 5% employer match after one year of employment.
- Free life and disability insurance benefits for full-time employees with the opportunity to purchase additional coverage at low costs.
- Add to your benefit package with a variety of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts and more.
- Take care of yourself with our free on-site 24-hour employee health center, and discounts to a selection of local fitness/recreational centers.
- Keep learning by utilizing our education program benefits to foster your growth and development.
- Give back to the community with multiple opportunities throughout the year to volunteer with our own non-profit clinic Health Foundation and other clinic - and community-sponsored events.
- Discounts on cell-phone plans, ski/snowboard lift tickets, Dell computers, local pools, Adams State University functions and more!
- Your family is our family so our employees and their family members have access to our employee support services, including up to four free counseling sessions to assist with work/life solutions.