Intake Coordinator needed for Local Medical Facility
$15 Per Hour, Full time position
Job Summary & Duties:
This position is responsible for talking to referral sources, the collection of information and entering it into the computer, initial authorization and the verification of insurance so the patient can receive appropriate treatment from the appropriate departments.
- Provides excellent telephone and in-person customer service: answers and returns telephone calls promptly and courteously; triages phone calls as appropriate; responds to requests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Speaks to all referral sources, gathers and inputs intake information into the computer system completing the intake process.
- Interfaces with third party payers to determine insurance benefits / self-pay status authorization at the time of intake.
- Coordinates with other departments in the facility as needed to ensure the patients will receive appropriate treatment.
- Organizes daily activities to assure the department functions according to accepted standards.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal and external working relationships.
- Responsible for complying with information privacy / confidentiality policies and regulations.
- 1 year of experience with insurance verification
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of EMRs
Pre-Employment drug screen and background check required!
Please submit your resume here. If you have questions, 682-250-7228